2016 Prohibited List WADA – Summary of Major Modificaions
In this Publication we want to show you the newest activities in Anti-Doping of WADA and NADA. Today we focus on changes in the prohibit list of 2016 compare to 2015.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES (IN- AND OUT-OF-COMPETITION)
S2: Peptide hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics
- Leuprorelin replaced triptorelin as a more universal example of a chorionic gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone-releasing factor.
S4. Hormone and Metabolic Modulators
- Insulin-mimetics were added to the List to include all insulin-receptor agonists.
- Meldonium (Mildronate) was added because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.
S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
- It was clarified that the ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors is permitted.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION
- It was clarified that clonidine is permitted.
SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED IN PARTICULAR SPORTS
- After consideration of the Federation International de Motocyclisme (FIM)’s request, their Federation was removed from the list of sports prohibiting alcohol as a doping agent.
WADA understands that FIM will address the use of alcohol using their own regulations.
- Meldonium was removed from the Monitoring Program and added to the Prohibited List.
- Hydrocodone, morphine/codeine ratio and tapentadol were removed from the Monitoring Program.
And now the full articel of WADA Sept. 16th in 2015